Tuesday, May 22, 2012

VISITED YOGYAKARTA-CENTRAL JAVA

Hollaa..!! I would like to tell you about my past experience! :D
Enjoy it! :)


 

                          Do you have experience? Of course everybody has experience. There are kinds of experience, that are sad, happy or nice experience. We can take a wisdom from that experience, because experience is the best teacher. I want to tell you about my nice experience. Enjoy it!
                          Once upon a time on November 2008 SMPN 1 Kertosono had study tour to Yogyakarta. I followed my sister although I was not the student of SMPN 1 Kertosono at that moment and I know you will think : “How can you do that?” hahahaaha
We went to Yogyakarta together with my sister’s friend and all the teachers. We went there at 11.00 pm. We went there by bus. Before we went there, we prayed first, so that God blessed and guided us at that trip. After that we left and go on to bus. I and my sister were happy , my sister’s friends were happy too. Unitil at 12.00 am we were singing in the bus. Hahahaha
                          At 01.00 am we slept. Before I slept, I didn’t forget to turn off the AC. If AC turned on all time (non stop) of course I got coldness. I would be frozen!
                          At 05.00 am, we woke up and then got up to take a leak and brushed teeth. We took a rest first before we continued the trip. While we take a rest, we who had Catholic religion waited others who prayed Subuh. We waited for  fifteen minutes then we continued our trip.
                          We arrived at place which near from Parangtritis Beach at 06.00 am. Before we went to beach, we must take a bath first. All bathroom were full. My sister and I waited for thirty minutes. After that we’ve finished taken a bath, we went to diningroom for having breakfast. While we had breakfast, we could see Parangtritis beach scenery. The sea was light blue, the sea was wave.
After that, all students and teachers went to down to Parangtritis Beach. We must pass soil stony.  Arrived at Parangtritis beach, I and my sister played together. Then I tried to play alone near sea shore. At that time, I waited wave that would pass by and reach my feet. I didn’t need much time, the wave came . I felt my body moved backwards but that was my illusion.I think you must feel that when you at the beach, that’s amazing!!
                          Time by time, the wave was bigger and bigger, then all teachers warned us to far from the beach and back to bus. Do you know, if there is Nyai Roro Kidul at Parangtritis Beach? I will tell you about her.
                          Nyai Loro Kidul is often illustrated as a mermaid with a tail as well the lower part of the body of a snake. The mythical creature is claimed to take the soul of any who she wished for.
Sometimes Nyai Loro Kidul literally can be spoken of as a "naga", a mythical snake. This idea may have been derived from some myths concerning a princess of Pajajaran who suffered from leprosy. The skin disease mentioned in most of the myths about Nyai Loro Kidul might possibly refer to the shedding of a snake's skin.
The role of Nyai Loro Kidul as a Javanese Spirit-Queen became a popular motif in traditional Javanese folklore and palace mythologies, as well as being tied in with the beauty of Sundanese and Javanese princesses. Another aspect of her mythology was her ability to change shape several times a day.
Nyai Loro Kidul in a significant amount of the folklore that surrounds her - is in control of the violent waves of the Indian Ocean from her dwelling place in the heart of the ocean. Sometimes she is referred as one of the spiritual queens or wives of the Susuhunan of Solo/Surakarta and the Sultan of Yogyakarta. Her literal positioning is considered as corresponding to the Merapi-Kraton-South Sea axis in Solo Sultanate and Yogyakarta Sultanate.
Another pervasive part of folklore surrounding her is the colour of green, gadhung m'lathi in Javanese, is referred to her, which is forbidden to wear along the south-coast of Java.
Back to story, then we continued to Borobudur temple! J
                    Arrived at Borobudur temple, we took photos together with tourists who visited Borobudur like us. I was happy because I could hold “stupa” and I requested something. Just for information, some people believe that if we can hold that (stupa) and ask something, our hope will be granted. Believe or not! In top stupa we could see mountains. After we have spent our time in Borobudur Temple we went to Keraton Yogyakarta.
                    When we arrived at Keraton Yogyakarta, of course we must buy the tickets, we entered and went around Keraton Yogyakarta. The building was very beautiful and fantastic. I was proud to be Indonesian person.
                    When went around the building, there was traditional dancing that was took place then we decided to watch this for a minute. While I saw the dancing, I also had courage to speak English with the tourists.
                    After we had long time at there and we were tired, we decided to go home, but we didn’t forget to buy souvenirs to my family at home. When we bought souvenirs, it rained.
In an hour, all people have finished to buy the souvenirs and then we gone home. In the bus we sang together.
                    I arrived at home t 03.00 am and I was tired.
                    The wisdom from this study tour as I’ve said was whole range of cultural and natural wealth of Indonesia is owned by the grace of God we should be grateful and preserve it. I’m proud to be Indonesian girl :D

I was in Borobudur Temple. Have you visited that place? Come on and visit Indonesia! :D

No comments: